July 8, 2020 Update
Happy Wednesday to all!
To quote most service call automated responses: “Please listen to this whole message, as some of our options have changed.”
Last Sunday morning was a taste of heaven for me. I hope it was for those of you who were able to gather together with us in person for worship and the Lord’s Supper. It was a joy, even with a few glitches here and there (and sour grape juice). Lord willing, this coming Sunday will be the same, but I do need to share with you a few brief updates:
- As you likely know, the Mayor’s Office and Department of Public Health have mandated the use of face masks in Marion County. LifePoint is oh so close to Johnson County, but alas, not close enough. Therefore, masks will be required for all those in attendance at all three services.
- The preaching pastor and worship team will wear masks as well. However, they may remove them to sing, play an instrument, or speak. We will practice social distancing on the platform and will be at least 12 feet away (or more) from the congregation.
- There were a little over 500 in attendance last Sunday on a holiday weekend. We will likely have more this weekend. We may need to utilize overflow seating in Kids Central and The Cove. Please come early, find your seats, allow for social distancing, and if we cannot get you seated in the Worship Center, graciously consider sitting in an overflow area. We trust this will only be for a short season and then we can put our missing rows back in place. We have enough seating for about 325 people (each service) while adhering to the CDC’s guidelines for distancing.
- There were 56 people in our 6pm service last week. Same service, lots more seating. J
- Mask are required, not by the elders at LifePoint, but by the mandate of the Mayor’s office. We will not be the face mask police, so please be aware that some children simply will not keep masks on, some people wear extremely loose fitting masks, and some people cannot wear a mask for health reasons. If you come (and we hope you will if you are able), please know that you may encounter a person not wearing a mask for one or more reasons. Practice peacefulness. Let’s love one another, even those we may disagree with. If you are uncomfortable being around a person without a mask, or a person who does not practice social distancing, then, as much as I hate to say it, you should probably remain at home and join us via the live stream. Thanks in advance for being gracious.
- Please, if you (or your child) have any symptoms of illness, or a fever, do not attend worship in person. Do this for… well, the rest of your life. Thanks and we love you!
- If you attend, you will undoubtedly at some point not be six feet away from someone as much as we try to make that possible. Please keep that in mind. Some people also hug without asking… just sayin’ :)
- Love one another my friends, for love covers over a multitude of sins!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. If you have a complaint, please contact one of the other pastors. (just kidding, contact me anytime you feel the need)
Have a blessed masked week!